Alderwood Water & Wastewater District

Skip navigation and go to content

Still have a question? Call us.

View all
Application Questions?
Please call Planning & Development Services 425-743-4605.
Side Sewer Inspection or Permit Renewal Questions?
Please call our Inspections Team at 425-741-7980.
Installation, Water Quality, Cross Connection or Backflow Questions?
Please call Water Service at 425-787-0250
Billing or Meter Unlock Questions?
Please call Utility Billing Team at (425) 787-0220.

Service Connections FAQ


View all
How do I request service connection?
Please refer to the detailed steps on the Get Connected page.
I submitted a Service Application and have not received a response. What should I do?
Check your Junk Email folder. It may have been categorized as SPAM. If you do not find it there, please call 425-743-4605 to confirm that your application was received.
Can I request service connections online?
No, the District does not have an online request system. Requests can be made by email at
I'm having an issue with the service connection request form, who can help me?
If you are having trouble using our service connection request form, please call our Engineering & Development Services department at 425-743-4605.
How long will it take to complete my request for service connection?
Service connection requests are completed on a "first in - first out" basis and our expected response time is 3-5 business days. Customers will be notified should higher volumes of requests lead to a delay in processing.
How long does it take to install my meter?
Please allow 2-3 weeks after purchasing your service connection for water meter installation. For questions on meter installation status, please call 425-787-0250.
What does it cost to connect service?
There are multiple factors considered when calculating costs to connect service. Please contact our Engineering & Development Services Department at 425-743-4605 for costs specific to your property.
Why do I need a side sewer permit?
A side sewer permit is a prerequisite for working on or installing all side sewer connections and sewer pipes outside of the building, including revising existing side sewer pipes, adding connections, or capping. The permit is required for documenting the work that has been done. Once the permitted work is inspected, the permit document is placed on file at the District’s office.
When can I start work on my side sewer?
You can begin work after your side sewer permit has been purchased.
What type of pipe and fittings are used in my side sewer installation?
For the construction standards, please visit and select; Working with AWWD, Development Standards, Side Sewer. However, do not do any of the physical work until you have purchased your side sewer permit.
What is a General Facilities Charge?
A General Facility Charge (GFC), also known as a connection charge, is collected on new or expanded development to reflect an appropriate capital investment by new customers commensurate with system costs, including both existing assets and future improvements that serve such growth.
Is my property in AWWD's service area?
If you are unsure if your property is within the AWWD service area, please contact our Engineering & Development Services Department at 425-743-4605.
Why do I need to call 811 before I dig?
811 is the federally designated “call before you dig” number that helps homeowners and professionals avoid damaging vital utilities such as water, electricity, natural gas, and communications. Calling 811 two business days before you begin digging will alert utilities to come out and mark their buried lines from the street to your house for free!. By making the call you’ll help prevent unintended consequences such as injury to you or your family, damage to your property, utility service outages to the entire neighborhood, and potential fines and repair costs. For more information, please visit
What is the King County Capacity charge?
To protect public health and the environment, King County’s wastewater treatment system must keep pace with growth in our region. That means building more pipes, pump stations, and treatment plants. The capacity charge distributes the costs for this expanding infrastructure to customers with the newest sewer connections. In other words, the capacity charge helps make sure that “growth pays for growth.
Who pays the capacity charge?
Homeowners and building owners in King County's service area whose home or building was newly connected to the King County sewer system on or after February 1, 1990 pay the capacity charge. King County provides sewage treatment services to most cities and sewer agencies in King County, areas of south Snohomish County (which encompasses some of AWWD customers), and a small part of Pierce County.